Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer of Socks and cruise update

After knitting shop samples and not a whole lot for me personally, I decided to join the Summer of Socks 2013 group on Ravelry and knit me some socks.

I love knitting socks.  I love teeny tiny needles and creating small works of cozy, beautiful art that I can wear.  Art that hugs my feet and keeps me warm in the cold of winter.  Art in bright colors to offset the gloom of dreary grey days filled with drizzle.

I've spent a lot of time since the beginning of April sitting in hospital and doctor's office waiting rooms, and I pulled out a pair of socks that I started way back in May 2009.  They'd been in hibernation, and I finished them up last night.  I felt compelled to finish them in time to start Summer of Socks without that pair hanging over my head.  (We're just going to ignore the sweater and shawls that are still sitting around waiting to be finished.  Shhh, don't let them hear us talking about them.)

This morning, the first official day of SOS13, I cast on the Lacy Ribs Socks in Go Ahead, Make Me Sing, my Tridye offering for May 2013.  Here is the yarn, and I'll post sock pictures after I take some.


As for the Fiber Charmer cruise, life has been so active that I'd not been remembering to promote it much.  The deadline for deposits will be here before we know it.  If you're interested in cruising with me and other fibery folks, you'll need to pay your deposit of $250 by June 14, 2013.  Contact Doreen Lewis of Century Travel at fibercharmercruise@gmail.com or 770-309-7453.

The total price of the cruise is $850 based on double occupancy.  We're leaving November 17, 2013 and returning November 24, 2013.  Yes, it's before Thankgiving, but what better way to prepare for the madness that some family get togethers are by taking some time out to relax beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment