Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ah, finished winding


Wow! It takes a lot of time to skein yarn! I have a much greater respect for the indie dyers whose yarn I've purchased over the past few years.




I've now got three 64 quart tubs of yarn skeined mostly in 100 gram hanks. I do have some short skeins for which I diligently recorded the yardage, except for one. I have some skeins with knots in them (ugh!), but that was to be expected.



I've started knitting with one of the yarns I dyed last week. It's very close to a colorway that I'd been thinking about. I've got the best, most wonderful butterfly bushes in my yard. I love when they're blooming, filling the air with an elusive fragrance and attracting both butterflies and hummingbirds. I think the flowers are very beautiful. They are a luminescent lavender with orange centers. They almost glow under certain light conditions.
You'll be able to find it at my etsy shop when it goes live very soon.
I'm still looking for a graphic designer for my logo. I've looked at a lot of them on etsy, and I've found a few that seem to have the aesthetic I want. It just all takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment