Friday, May 14, 2010

Winding, winding, and more winding

On Wednesday morning I remember that Gale (of Gale's Art) had mentioned that she knew someone who was selling off all her undyed sock yarn. She had been making kits, but she'd found another knitting related product that was working better for her. Would I be interested in buying the yarn?

To be totally honest, since I'm waiting to get my sales and use tax number from the state, I've been hoarding the little bit of yarn that I have until I can order more. The opportunity to get some more was too good to pass up.

It turns out that the seller had 20 cones of sock yarn. Each cone is approximately 1 kilo. 20 kilos of sock yarn. Wow!

I did purchase it, leaving me with how to wind it all into dyeable skeins. I had to borrow Gale's skeinwinder, and yesterday afternoon I started winding.

By about 8 last night I had wound 4 cones. I'm about to get started winding again for today. I've got to return the skeinwinder tomorrow, so I have to wind as much as I possibly can before that.

Yes, you bet I've been looking at them online. Until then, you can find me babysitting this one, winding one skein at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment