Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yay Michael's!

I found that I wanted to use squeeze bottles to see if that helps with dye penetration, but I wasn't quite sure where to get some. I figured one of the craft stores would have them, so yesterday I went to Michael's.

I'd been on the phone early in the morning with a knitting comrade. She has a very distinctive car that is a lime green with a cryptic bumpersticker on it, and there it was in the parking lot. It's easy enough to find knitting friends in Michael's - just go on back to the yarn department, which is right next to fabric paints and dyes. There she was, choosing some solid colored yarns to make amigurumi sushi. We visited for a minute, then off on my search for squeeze bottles.

In the dye department, there wasn't a squeeze bottle to be found. I'd decided my next stop would be a restaurant supply store when I remembered that Michael's has supplies for cake decorating and candy making. Hmm, perhaps they would be there?

Yay! They were. I cleaned them out of one size and bought a package of smaller ones also. Today I'm mixing up more dyes and trying them out to see what results. There is so much to learn! I find I'm very grateful for the nights I actually sleep and don't wake up at 3:00 a.m. with dye ideas or knitting patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment